I'm currently loving my new two-way cake foundation from ELF Studio Line in rose beige. I was about to get the Studio Line pressed powder in porcelain but I changed my mind last minute.
ELF two-way cake foundation has better coverage (medium to full) than the pressed powder -- the latter has a very light coverage. I am an NC30 and rose beige is my exact shade (or perhaps it's a tad darker but since I got tanned last week from an out of town shoot, rose beige just matches perfectly). The saleslady was trying to convince me to get the pressed powder in Sand, but I thought it was too pink for me.
What I like:
- The shade (rose beige) disappears on my jawline after swiping, a good indication that it matches my skintone perfectly. No gray cast nor too yellow undertone even in photos.
- The coverage is great and the staying power is a winner. I have combination skin (oily T-zone) and one thing I noticed is that when I apply it in the morning, I don't have to retouch it until after lunch when I am just inside the office. If I am outdoors, I need to reapply after around 3 hours.
- The finish is like MAC studio fix, although I like this more as it does not settle in between the lines on my undereye. Remember to blend it well with a sponge. Otherwise, if applied incorrectly, you might find it a bit "cakey".
- Affordable at Php 249.75
What I don't like:
- The case looks like it's made of cheapo plastic. It can break easily!
- It is not refillable
- The sponge that comes with it needs improvement.
Overall, I am lovin' this foundation! I just hope they'll change the packaging soon!