Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Clinique 3-Step Skin Care




I was one of the lucky Cosmo October 2009 readers who was given a chance to try Clinique’s 3-Step skin care. I went on the Clinique counter in Rustan’s Makati and one of the SA’s there asked a few questions to determine my skin type. Surprisingly, she concluded that I have Dry Combination skin. All the while I thought my skin is combination, but more on the oily side. I was surprised that I have Dry Combination skin. Clinique’s definition of Dry Combination skin is that skin that’s oily on the T-zone and uncomfortably dry on the cheeks. Well, that’s my skin, so I guess the SA is right.

So the product sample she gave me was based on her conclusion that I have Skin Type 2, Dry Combination. She gave me three sample vials. One is a mild liquid facial soap, another is the Clarifying Lotion 2 and one vial of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. The sample is good for a week or two. After about ten days of using the samples, here is my review on Clinique 3-Step Skin Care for Skin Type 2 or Dry Combination.

Step 1: Cleanse


Liquid Facial Soap – the SA said that if I always wear makeup, I should use a separate makeup remover. Well, she’s right, because this cleanser is a very mild cleanser. If you are the type of person who always wears mascara or eyeshadow, better take it off with your makeup remover because this cleanser is not designed to take those off. It also cleans your skin without depriving it of moisture. After washing my face, it feels clean but hydrated enough as well. Bottom line, after washing my face with this one, my skin doesn’t feel any tightness at all.

Step 2: Exfoliate

Clarifying Lotion 2 – I love this toner as it again, does not overdry my skin. It is very refreshing as it has a cooling effect when applied to skin. I haven’t checked its actual ingredients but I can smell Witch Hazel which makes me believe it can help healing my occasional breakouts. And It did. When I used this toner, I have two zits on my forehead and on my chin and it dried up quickly. I know somehow that the toner helped.

Step 3: Moisturize

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion – I am not a big fan of cream moisturizers, my readers know that. But this moisturizer dramatically changed the way I looked at cream moisturizers. It is not oil-free yet I am comfortable using this even at day time. It just delivers the right amount of moisture my thirsty skin needs. Though I am ok to use it at day time, I specifically use this at night because I use a tinted moisturizer when I am at work. It didn’t give me breakouts unike the other cream moisturizers I tried. I even tried to use it as a hand cream and it is perfect as well. If I am sold at this moisturizer, I wonder how good its Dramatically Different Moisturizer Gel sister is? Given a chance to try the gel version, I would be more than willing to use and give a review about it. As I adore gel moisturizers to the highest level!

No comments:

Post a Comment