Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shu Uemura Red:Juvenus Line Review



As promised, here is my review of Shu Uemura’s Red Juvenus Line.
Again, I was so lucky to get a travel set of this new age prevention line from Shu Uemura. Included in the travel set is the Red Juvenus Vitalizing Refining Lotion, Vitalizing Retexturizing Emulsion, Intense Vitalizing Concentrate and Vitalizing Retexturizing Cream. It comes in a simple black pouch bag that I know use as my kikay kit.

The Red Juvenus line contains 3 powerhouse red ingredients: Amalaki, Pomegranate and Lycopene Capsule 2x.
Amalaki is a fruit considered to have most rejuvenating power. it is also one of the richest natural sources of vitamin C while containing flavonoids, polyphenols and carotenoids.

Pomegranate is known as a vital fruit for youth & beauty, containing flavonoids and polyphenols.

Lycopene Capsule 2X is lycopene with a patented encapsulation technology to deliver nutrients 2 times deeper into skin.

I am using this product for more than 2 weeks now and so far I am loving the results. After washing my face with my Forever Flawless SAS soap (since I am having breakouts lately), I put the Red Juvenus Vitalizing Refining Lotion.


RED:JUVENUS VITALIZING REFINING LOTION is a light, refreshing gel-like lotion to replenish skin intensively for radiant skin that feels energized and revitalized. Immediately skin looks radiant and feels more elastic. Within one week skin looks younger & rejuvenated. (www.shuuemura-usa.com)
At first, this refining lotion looks and feels oily but when applied and absorbed by the skin, it just makes your skin uber supple and feels totally rehydrated. I love the fact that I can even put it around the eye area. It replenishes lost moisture without the oily effects. I even tried to use this in the morning and it did not added shine especially to my oily T-zone.



RED:JUVENUS INTENSE VITALIZING CONCENTRATE is a lightweight, translucent gel fluid essence with highest amount of Phyto-Red Energy Complex for visible correction of fine lines and immediate radiance. (www.shuuemura-usa.com)
After applying Vitalizing Refining Lotion, I put a pea-sized amount of Intense Vitalizing Concentrate, This one has a dropper so it is very easy to get the right amount of product you need. It is very concentrated, too! I like using this during those times that I feel my skin has been exposed to air pollution, sun, etc. It actually acts as my prevention for further damage cause by free radicals. Like when I am exposed to sun for a long period I see to it that I use this at night to replenish whatever nutrients were stripped off my skin. Though I do not recommend using this in daytime, especially if you are oily. This tends to make my T-zone oily. So I just use it at bedtime.


RED:JUVENUS VITALIZING RETEXTURING EMULSION is a gentle fluid moisturizer that enwraps skin with long-lasting moisture. Fine lines & first wrinkles are significantly reduced. Immediately skin feels plump, smoother and more refined. Within one week, skin looks healthy and feels more resistant. (www.shuuemura-usa.com)


RED:JUVENUS VITALIZING RETEXTURING CREAM is a soothing gel-cream texture to seal skin with long-lasting moisture and nourishment. Fine lines & first wrinkles are significantly reduced. Immediately skin feels plump, smoother and more refined. Within four weeks, skin looks younger, healthy and feels more resistant. (www.shuuemura-usa.com)
After putting the Intense Vitalizing Concentrate, I usually choose between the Retexturizing Cream and Retexturizing Emulsion. I personally prefer the cream version than the emulsion because it is lightweight and does not feel greasy. The emulsion is ideal for use at night, at least for me because it delivers ample moisture to the skin. The cream on the other hand is a gel-cream moisturizer that is lightweight and does not feel greasy on me. I also like its light scent than the emulsion because the emulsion smells “chemical-ish” for me.


The Red Juvenus Vitalizing Line Reducing Eye Essence is not included in the travel kit I got but the description appeals promosing to me. I hope I can try this one soon.


RED:JUVENUS VITALIZING LINE REDUCING EYE ESSENCE is a light fresh texture formulated to gently & actively target fine lines & dark circles for the delicate eye contours. Immediately skin feels more supple and total surface of fine lines are significantly diminished. Within four weeks dark circles are improved. (www.shuuemura-usa.com)
Overall, I think Red Juvenus line will become a staple especially in my nighttime skin care routine. I would probably repurchase the Vitalizing Refining Lotion and the Vitalizing Retexturizing Cream. Though the Red Juvenus line is a bit pricey, I think it’s worth it. Because you can never buy back your natural youthful glow once ageing comes your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment