Friday, January 1, 2010

Fanny Serrano Black Gel Eyeliner




Since I was going gaga over the Troy Jensen look using hot pink lips and dramatic eyes, I rushed to the nearest and cheapest makeup store I could find, and that’s Watson’s at SM Makati. I was thinking if I will be getting MAC Blacktrack Fluidline or Stila Barbie Smudgepot in Little Black Dress , but then again, I read reviews about Fanny Serrano’s Black Gel Eyeliner and thought that i can give it a shot.

It is cheap at Php 225 a pot compared to MAC Fluidline (about 1k) and Stila Smudgepot (about Php 700). It is easy to use and glides on to my eyelids well. Staying power is good...on my upper lashline. But when I tried using it on both upper and lower lashlines, there I saw some smudges in the mid-day. So I see to it that I only use it on the upper lashlines. I also noticed that it makes my brush stiff and unflattened. Anyways, perhaps I should invest in a good flat eyeliner brush.

Aside from my silver and black eyeshadows, I like creating smoky-ish look with this eyeliner with Ellana Multipurpose Mineral Powder in Temptress or Twilight. I apply a thick line using the gel eyeliner and smudge it right away with either Temptress or Twilight. The latter looks like NARS Nomad by the way, just the powder version.

I just find this gel eyeliner difficult to remove even if I use Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil or Petroleum Jelly. Is it really like that when you use gel eyeliners? Is MAC Fluidline and Stila Smudgepot as stubborn as this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment