Monday, January 25, 2010

NARS Blush in Gilda, Roman Holiday Lipstick and Oil Free Foundation in Sante Fe





Sorry for hibernating so long. I’ve been busy after the holidays because I am doing skin care and appreciation workshop nationwide. I’ve been to Baguio and Cebu last week and now I am here in Davao. Tomorrow I am bound to Zamboanga. Plus, I organized a spa party at Terra Wellness Spa in Discovery Suites, Ortigas. What a way to start 2010!

And to bribe myself for all these toxicity, I knew I had to see Lara in the middle of my PRESS rounds. And so I did. I visited NARS in Shang Tower last January 14, 2010 and got the following items: NARS Blush in Gilda, Roman Holiday Lipstick and Oil Free Foundation in Santa Fe. Ooooppsss...one of these is a GWP.


NARS Gilda Blush is a very nice peach blush that gives me instant flush naturally. It is not shimmery and very pigmented that I really have to just apply it with lightly. A little goes a long way with this blush. If you are too acidic, this one can turn too orangey on you. During the makeover that Lara did to me, she contoured my face first with Laguna bronzer then applied Gilda at the apples of my cheeks and presto! I look fresh and blooming already. I must say, the reviews in GT and other blogs are right, it is a must-have NARS blush. Next target, NARS Desire Blush.


NARS Roman Holiday Lipstick is a delicate pink lipstick with sheer formulation. I’ve been lemming this since last year but it is always out of stock. When Lara texted me that it is already available, I reserved one immediately. I was about to buy the Velvet Matte Lip version instead of the sheer lipstick one but I do not have a jumbo pencil sharpener. And I am not ready to invest on a Php 395 worth of sharpener from Lara. And so i got the lipstick version. I love the color! Just enough pink color. Not too cold, not too loud and not too pale too! I was able to try MAC Pink Noveau and thought that it was too loud for me (but my thoughts are now reconsidering getting one since I saw gorgeous reviews about it, I just need more courage!) Revlon Matte Pink is too light for me and makes me look zombie-ish. And so I did not get one. But Roman Holiday just gives me the right delicate pink. I think this one is also perfect for bridal makeup because of its pastel pink color. The only downside I see with this one is its staying power. But I think you can layer it with a nude lip pencil and top again with another layer of Roman Holiday for a stronger staying power. Next lippie project, NARS Niagara or Rouge D’ Enfer. I was eyeing at Jungle Red at first but Lara told me that this is a more wearable one).




NARS Oil Free Foundation in Sante Fe knocks me off my feet! I used to try NARS Firming Foundation in the same shade but I feel though turns oily on me. But NARS Oil Free Foundation in Santa Fe is way different! It lasts up to 8 hours on me without any oiliness at all! I think I will stick to this one. Plus the shade is perfect. I used to think that Barcelona is my shade but since I am a bit acidic, Sante is just perfect! I am NC30 in MAC for reference. I hope Lara would give me Santa Fe Powder Foundation....paging Lara, NARS goddess! Yohoooo!!!!



I am sooooooo happy with my latest NARS haul. These truly relieves my stress over the past 3 weeks. Makeup is really therapeutic for me!


Since I asked Lara to do me a makeover, here are some of our pix and a rundown of what she used on me.






Face:


Oil Free Foundation in Santa Fe


Powder Foundation in Santa Fe


Alhambra Eyeshadow Duo



Ipanema Brow Pencil


Mambo Eyeliner Pencil (lower lashlines)


Laura Mercier Caviar Eyeliner (upper lashlines using NARS Push Liner Brush)


Laguna Bronzer for contour


Luster Blush to add contour


Gilda Blush at the apples of my cheeks


Roman Holiday Lipstick




All for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment