Thursday, June 10, 2010
-Very moisturizing and highly pigmented
- Nice selection of colors
- Most of the colors are cheap dupes of expensive brands like MAC and NARS
- Doesn't stay long on lips
- If you don't like sticky lipstick, you might be turned off with this
Saturday, June 5, 2010
I was in Watson’s Dela Rosa in Makati last Monday when I saw behind the counter that they are already selling Marionnaud Makeup Brushes. To my surprise, the brushes are cheap and looks like it is of good quality. I didn’t buy right away because I was in a hurry that time and a part of my mind says it might be one of my impulsive shopping episodes.
I really cannot get over the brushes that I saw and felt the need to browse Gtalk again to see some feedback on these brushes. I haven’t been checking Gtalk for quite awhile now and was surprised to see that a lot of Gtalkers are already talking about it. I wonder what the fuss is all about. So the next day, after work, I went to Watson’s again and browse at the Marionnaud Brushes available. Since I was looking for a cheaper set of brushes for an event that I will be handling on June 12, I told myself this must be the one I am looking for.
I purchased the Foundation Brush, Slanted Blush Brush, Concealer Brush, Pointed Eyeshadow Brush and Slanted Eyeliner Brush and Spoolie duo.
- This brush is softer than my ELF Studio Line Angled Foundation Brush
- Blends foundation well and gives an airbrushed finish. I tried using this with both Tinted Moisturizer and Liquid Foundation and it works really well.
- Cheap at Php 139.00
- Some who doesn’t prefer a super soft foundation brush might not like this one.
- Since it is synthetic, it may reduce its quality once washed. (Let’s see)
- This is one of my favorite in this set of brushes.
- It gives well chiselled cheekbones that is perfect for those who are not too blessed with a perfect face shape.
- Picks up color really well.
- Cheap at Php 169
- May turn scratchy after sometime
- Blends concealer perfectly, be it for spot correction or for undereye concealing.
- Can double as an eyeshadow brush
- Cheap at Php 69
- Not advisable for mineral/powder concealers
- This is another favorite of mine.
- Defines eye makeup perfectly – for crease or outer V.
Can also double as a blending brush
- Short handles which may be an issue for some
- Gives precise eyeliner application
- Not too soft that it can draw straight lines perfectly.
- Can be used for gel liners as well
- Can be used for eyebrow makeup
- I do not like the spoolie that much. It doesn’t appear durable.
Next week, I’ll go back to buy the Retractable brush, Powder Brush, Eyeshadow Brush and a backup Slanted Eyeliner Brush and Pointed Eyeshadow Brush.
I didn’t get the Travel Set because the contents are too small and does not look worth it for its price of Php 299, though the case is really nice.