Thursday, November 18, 2010

Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder in Rich Vanilla

At last, I finally had my first Laura Mercier product. Presentamus.... Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder. After having the dilemma of having to choose between Mac Blot Powder and this one, LM won me over.


Michelle (MA from LM) wasn't in Rustan's Makati yesterday so it was Linda who assisted me. She is good, too! She helped me choose the shade for me. I tried Real Sand, Natural Beige and Rich Vanilla and the last one blended well on my skin. Natural beige appears pinkish on me while Real sand appears grayish. I do not know why. But Rich Vanilla just disappears on my skin.

I like the packaging better than NARS (which is a dirt magnet as everyone would agree). I just do not like the sponge though. It is too thin for me. I like applying it using my ELF powder brush.

Linda says this one has good oil control properties so I road-tested it today and it keeps the oilies away for about 3-4 hours, then I have to retouch. I also like how it appears on photos because it does not make look grayish. It is also very lightweight and does not make my MAC concealer cake, so this gets a thumbs up for me!

Here's my look for today:

Face:

Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder in Rich Vanilla
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW30 for my undereyes
NARS Oil Free Foundation in Santa Fe

Eyebrows:
In2it Eyebrow kit

Eyes:
MAC Powerpoint in Engraved
Fashion 21 5 -color eye palette (I used the black with gold shimmer and the matte black which looks like MAC Carbon)

Cheeks:
NARS Silvana for contour
NARS Luster as blush

Lips:
NARS Lipgloss in Supervixen




No comments:

Post a Comment