Saturday, April 2, 2011

Singapore Series: Fosters, Holland Village and Orchard Road

Our friend Kate, who is also based in Singapore invited us for lunch at Fosters in Holland Village, where she works. We took a cab from Le Peranakan Hotel. But for those who opt to take the bus, just ride a No. 7 or 77 bus from Orchard.

Holland Village is comparable to Paseo de Magallanes in the Philippines. It is a small community cluster of shops and restos.


Fosters specialty are steaks. The ambience is very homey. It's like Tony Roma's.



My Akisha likes this so much - Pumpkin Soup


Oxtail Stew. Succulent and juicy oxtail braised in a delicious sauce. I think it tastes like Bizu's Osso Buco.


Grilled Salmon and Beef. I love the salmon! It was cooked the way I want it, juicy and tender.


The dessert is dragon fruit jelly with raspberry coulis.


After lunch, we boarded Bus no. 7 at the nearest bus stop and proceeded to Orchard.
We walked along Orchard Road and I was overwhelmed with the high-end stores I saw along the way.


 
This is ION Orchard, a mall that carries luxury products.


Look, there's Bobbi Brown!

 I died for a minute when I saw this - SEPHORA!!!


Singapore has an overwhelming number of malls. Be ready to walk, walk and walk. Wear comfy shoes and clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment