Saturday, April 2, 2011

Singapore Series: Mustafa and Kopitiam

Mustafa is a 24-hour mall along Farrer Road. When taking the MRT, make sure you are in the Purple Line and alight at Farrer Road Station.

What to buy in Mustafa? There are cheap branded perfumes, gadgets, and more. I bought my favorite Cintan Curry Noodles and Mi Goreng here. I also grabbed some Old Town White Coffee. Pistachios are also cheap here. You can also buy Merlion chocolates and other stuff in this mall. It is open 24-hours so if you just came from an evening flight, you can go here straight away!


If you take the MRT, you will encounter City Square Mall first before crossing to Mustafa. After exploring Mustafa, we decided to have lunch at a hawker station beside it. We ordered breaded fish and tofu with plain rice at SGD 2 each. After that, we went back to City Square Mall and had some Siew Mai (siomai, pork dumplings) and Iced Milk Tea at Kopitiam. I forgot how they call it. All I remember is 'kopi' is coffee and 'teh' is tea.


I noticed that in Kopitiam, majority of the staff are seniors. Yes, in Singapore, there is no age limit when it comes to job opportunities, as long as you are still fit to work. I even saw some senior staff at McDonalds. And they all move faster than I expected.



I love all of these! Especially the dip, which I researched and found out that the chili sauce they use for Siew Mai is what we call Sriracha - a thai chili sauce. And I am so glad I found one in groceries here in the Philippines.



A few hours after, we're off to Changi Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment