Friday, May 20, 2011

Red Alert: Avon Ultra Moisture Rich 24k Gold Lipstick in Golden Wine


I have always been a fan of Catherine Zeta-Jones. Her big bouncy curls, dramatic eyes and most especially her signature look, bold red wine lips. I've been wanting to try red lipstick on me,however, each time I try red lipsticks in beauty counters, I feel I look older.

 But since red lips are having a comeback nowadays (thanks to Anne Kurtis and Anne Hathaway), I told myself, this is the time to get out of the box and have bold lips like them.

Coincidentally, Avon Ultra Moisture Rich 24K Gold Lipstick is now on sale (May 2011) for almost half the price, so I decided to order one. I had a hard time choosing between Ruby in Gold, Golden Raisin and Golden Wine. But since I am after the Catherine Zeta-Jones look, I decided to get Golden Wine. At Php 249, I can say this is a steal.

The color is a lovely wine red that is perfect for day and night. it's not too bold, but its dark. It's perfect for both with cool and warm undertones. From the name itself, it has gold flecks that are not glittery. It somehow gives dimension to your lips. For me, this is better than matte as it is not too flat.



The consistency is creamy and glides well. It is very pigmented, so I think it will last long on the lips. I remember having a hard time removing it using facial tissue. Here is a lip swatch:



For reference, I am NC30. Below are some of the Catherine Zeta-Jones pegs that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment