Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cheap and Fab: Fashion 21 Two-Way Cake with Tea Tree Oil

 After I finished my Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder, I researched about what powder to try next. I was actually thinking of getting a MAC Studio Fix powder in NC30 or MAC Blot powder but I was hesitant because of the price. So I read about Fashion 21 Two-Way Cake with Tea Tree Oil and found many good reviews about it. Since it's cheap at Php 180, I decided to get one and try it for myself.


 I got this at Landmark Makati and it's sale, so it is priced at Php 160.


The next day, I used it to set my NARS Oil-Free foundation and I was amazed by the texture. It is so much like In2It Two-Way powder, very finely milled and gives an airburshed finish. 

The staying power is so-so as it lasted about 4 hours on me, given that my office is freezing cold.  Imagine if I use this on humid weather. Perhaps it will stay for 2 hours. (I have oily skin).

 Another thing I noticed is that the colors are limited. It only has 4 colors, labeled 1,2,3,4. I got number 4 as the rest looks too light and pink for me. I'm NC30 for reference.


Verdict, good enough for less than P200 bucks. I don't mind retouching on mid-day as this powder gives me a natural shine-free aura. I just wish they have more colors to cater to morenas put there. Will i repurchase? Yes I will but probably will use this for retouch only.

1 comment:

  1. been eyeing the fashion21 two way cake too, im also swatching fanny serrano's two way cake.. i think this one's fair enough since the price is really inexpensive. :) thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete