Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Product Spotlight: Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in SC-2

 After my recent Fashion 21 Perfect Stick purchase, I told myself I need to invest in an above than average concealer. In short, I got myself another concealer for my under eye circles. This time, from one of my favorite brands, Laura Mercier.


Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in SC-2 is a creamy salmon-toned concealer that is perfect to hide under eye circles. I asked Linda (Laura Mercier store, Glorietta 3) to find an exact match for my previous MAC Studio Finish in NW30. She initially said it's SC-3 but later on decided to try SC-2 on me and it looked more natural on me than SC-3. Take note, SC-2 is not the exact dupe of NW30.


 I like the coverage  and consistency of Laura Mercier Secret Concealer than MAC Studio Finish Concealer because it is more blendable and buildable, hence, less creases for me. Though MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW30 is my exact match in terms of color, Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in SC-2 looks more natural on me as it has just the right amount of salmon (to cancel out dark circles) and yellow (to blend with my skin color, I'm NC30). So no need for me to have 2 concealers, at least for the time being.

Linda also suggested that I get a Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder to set my concealer, instead of my powder foundation. This can help in diminishing the incidence of having cakey concealer that creases throughout the day. I told her I'll try it first and see if it won't cause breakouts for me as well as eye iritaion (as I wear contacts). So, she gave me a sample of the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder.

The powder has shimmers on the jar, but once applied, I cannot see a single shimmer. All I have is glow! It also made my eyes look bigger and more awake. So I am sure after I finish this jar, I'll get a full size one.



No comments:

Post a Comment