Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fine Indulgence at 22 Prime, Discovery Suites

I and my hubby loves three things: travel, food and Akisha. From pasta to desserts to buffets, we make sure we treat ourselves to good food from time to time.

Recently, when we had a staycation at the Discovery Suites, we tried eating at the 22 Prime, a steakhouse at the 22nd floor of the hotel.



Since it is a fine-dining steakhouse, a dress code is being implemented. For the guys, no shorts and sandos are allowed. Slippers are also prohibited.


Our dinner started with a bread basket and 3 kinds of dip: white bean, salsa and chicken liver pate. Of the 3, I like white bean, which tastes like hummus. I also like their chicken liver pate, but it still did not surpass my benchmark (La Grotta's chicken liver pate). My hubby loves the salsa.


Our soup for the night is a creamy pumpkin soup. Honestly, I do not eat pumpkin soup (I only eat selected veggies, and pumpkin is not one of those). However, I gave this pumpkin soup a try and surprisingly, I emptied my bowl up to the last drop. My Akisha loves this, too. 


Next is the Caesar Salad. Usually, Caesar Salads include chicken strip and parmesan crisps. This one is unique because instead of chicken, it has fried cheese wanton and grated parmesan which I liked so much. Though again, I did not eat the lettuce.


They also have a salad bar where you could mix your own concoction.


There is also a carvery where we saw this succulent and tempting goodness.


Our main course was Surf & Turf, a combination of the choicest cuts of US Pork Belly and Fresh Grilled Prawn with seared vegetables, potato mousseline and a rich balsamic sauce. The meat is sooooo tender and it is so heavy on the tummy! 


Pairing the hearty main course is a glass of house red wine. 


Capping our dinner is a dessert sampler that includes a custard cake, vanilla pannacotta and a brownie. Of the 3, I like the vanilla pannacotta because it is light and tasty, but not too sweet.



Overall, we give 22 Prime 2 thumbs up for the sumptuous steak dinner. A bonus is the picturesque view of the Ortigas skyline from 22 Prime's glass walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment