Thursday, February 16, 2012

Product Spotlight: Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring

Just like how feng shui experts predict what's lucky and unlucky for the year 2012, the beauty industry proclaims RED as the hair color of the year. And since I haven't colored my hair in the past two years, I decided it is time to dye my tresses.

While doing my research, I came across different DIY hair color products, and this one stood out among the rest with more positive reviews: Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring. I got Wine Red.



Here are my pegs for my new look. My next target is to have digital perm. =)



The photo on its box is a bit bolder for my taste, but decided to get one anyway since I know that it is very rare for photos on DIY hair color boxes to match the actual results. 


Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring comes with a pump that contains the color activator, the hair color on a tetra pack, gloves, cape and perfumed silky treatment.


It is so easy to use. Just pour the hair color to the pump bottle that contains the activator and tilt back and forth. Do not shake. Wear the gloves and cape, pump some "bubbles" and put on your hair, just like how you normally shampoo your tresses. Leave it on for 30-45 minutes, and voila! Rinse hair thoroughly. I did not shampoo my hair. I panicked because my hair felt dry and stiff! But after I put on the silky perfumed treatment, it softens significantly. I left the treatment for about 3 minutes and rinsed it out.


The results? Here are some of my photos. (l-r): Before dyeing my hair; After coloring my hair; After making faux curls using guess what? a chopstick.




Pros:
Easy to use
Cheap at Php 378
Does not stain on skin. Should you happen to have some stains on your skin, just rinse it off with water and it will be removed easily.
Does not smell odd

Cons:
My hair became a bit drier after a few days, especially when I don't put on conditioner

Tip:
The content of the pump and the tetra pack is more than enough to cover my long and thick hair. About 3/4 of it remained unused. I wish I did not mix it all at the same time, so that I still have something for retouch.

Overall, I like. I hope I can try Natural Brown and Sweet Orange soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! I wonder if it'll work on my hair, it's so jet black, I just need a little change. =)

    ReplyDelete