Sunday, September 9, 2012

Avon Simply Pretty Haul

 Due to insistent public demand, Avon brought back its  iconic Simply Pretty Lip and Cheek Tint in roll-on bottles. Currently, it has two shades (top to bottom): Cherry Pop and Pink Blush.

Of the two shades, Pink Blush is still my favorite. It gives a pinkish, natural pop of color to my cheeks and lips. Honestly, Cherry Pop doesn't even show up on my skin. It is not pigmented so I only use Pink Blush. I got these two on sale at Php 99 each.


I also got Avon Simply Pretty Shine No More Dual Powder Foundation in Natural. I've been reading raves about it, and some even compared this to MAC Studio Fix. However, I don't see this as something at par with MAC. Why? Here are some reasons:

1. It has limited shades (only three if I remember it right). I got  Natural which is still too light and has an inappropriate undertone for me. I'm NC30 by the way. The other shades like Soft Bisque and Almond are also too light.

2. It has medium to light coverage, unlike MAC which can withstand even warm spotlights.

3. It has poor staying power. Mine only lasts two hours when applied dry and three hours when applied wet. So, the tendency is, I had to reapply more often. This eventually results to caking at the end of the day.

4. It has so-so oil control. I'd rather have Fashion 21's Tea Tree Oil Powder Foundation to control my oilies than use this one.



Hope this helps!

1 comment:

  1. Yey, they got the roll-on tint back. I have the doe foot one, but I'm more used to the roll on.

    ReplyDelete