Friday, December 28, 2012

MAC Cremesheen in Creme Cup


Last year was all about bold, hot, pink lipsticks for me. Talk about NARS Schiap and MAC Pink Nouveau as my daily power lipstick. I just adore how it brightens my face even without any other makeup involved. But after awhile, I kinda got tired of my Barbie pink lippies so I looked for something pale. And so I learned about MAC Cremesheen in Creme Cup (Rustans, Php 1000).
 
 
It was my first time to try a MAC Cremesheen lipstick and I must say I am loving it. It is not matte nor glossy, just somewhere in between, thus, it isn't drying but still has good staying power. MAC's Pink Nouveau has a Satin finish and it has a nice amount of moisture when you apply it. But mid-day I noticed that it tends to clump on my lips, making it look cracked. That's not the case with MAC Creme Cup. It feels like a lip balm with a nice color payoff.
 
 
Pros:
Nice pale pink color perfect for daily use, or to pair with bold or smokey eyeshadows
Good staying power. I reapply after 4 hours or after eating
Not drying
Nice smell
Cons:
Can look too washed-out when worn alone. Ideally, it should be worn with a statement blush or bold/smokey eye makeup
Price can turn some off (not me, definitely!)
 
lip swatch under flourescent lighting

hand swatch
With my satisfaction with MAC Creme Cup, I am now eyeing MAC Shy Girl or Ravishing as my next lippie haul. Help me choose please! I am NC30. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment