Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Product Spotlight: Fashion 21 Perfect Stick with Tea Tree Oil

 Remember my previous post on Fashion 21 2-Way Powder Foundation with Tea Tree Oil and how I was satisfied with it? Affirming that post is yet another entry on Fashion 21. This time, I tried Fashion 21 Perfect Stick, still from the Tea Tree Oil line. 



As I was about to finish my MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW30 (gawd! took me 2 years to finish the entire pot, super worth it!), I searched for the next concealer to try. One that is locally available and affordable as I am not yet on a makeup-splurging mode yet. I was about to get Fanny Serrano's concealer in Walnut but it turned out it was not my exact match from the said brand. I continued browsing and there, I saw Fashion 21 Perfect Stick. The packaging looked familiar and when I took a closer peek, I realized it is the "sister" of my Fashion 21 2-Way Powder Foundation with Tea Tree Oil. 



This is available in Watson's and leading department stores nationwide for only Php 185. Cheap right?


I showed the saleslady my MAC concealer and asked her to find a match or at least something near NW30 shade. She recommended Almond Tea. Lighter but it's the closest she can offer. The others are too light or too yellow. Since I'll be using it to conceal undereye circles, I have to stay away from yellow toned concealers and opt for a peach/salmon one. This is to avoid having grayish undereyes that is way too obvious in photos.


Here's the swatch. It's lighter than my MAC NW30 but it is pretty close. 



I tried wearing it the next day and it lasted around 4 hours on me. My only concern is the consistency as it is not as creamy as my MAC one is. Given that, coverage is also not as good as MAC but can pass for everyday use. You have to make sure you set this with a translucent powder to avoid creasing.

2 comments: