Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MAC Viva Glam VI




There came a time last month when I felt tired of my old pink Dior lipgloss and Burt’s Bees lip balm. It is as if one day, I woke up and suddenly I missed the warm nude lippie look. When I went out for an official business ( I work fulltime in the corporate world), I was able to pass by Marionnaud (this is my fave MAC store among others) and I asked the SA what nude lippie could she recommend. Something that I can wear everyday. She gave me the famous nude lippie “Hug Me”. I tried it and find it too light for my liking. I want something that will make my complexion look a little warm, even without using a bronzer on my cheeks. She let me try “Taupe” but I find too matte, though I know that it has nice staying power because of its pigment. Then she remembered she still has stocks of Viva Glam Series. I tried Viva Glam VI and I was inloved at it right away.



Viva Glam VI is a little warmer than Hug Me. It belongs to the “lustre’ family so it is not too opaque nor too sheer for me. It does not cracks my lips too because it has good hydrating powers! Since it is a “luster” lippie, staying power is good but not as longwearing as matte lippies. Overall, I think I will be able to finish this tube as it becomes my staple lippie. I want to try Viva Glam I (red) too but I am not sure if it is still available in Marionnaud. I hope MAC Viva Glam VI lippie will be retained in their regular line, for all eternity. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment