Monday, August 17, 2009

MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW30


At last! My search for my HG undereye concealer is over. MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW30 works wonders on my big dark undereye circles. When I went to MAC about a week ago to get my Viva Glam VI lippie, I tested the Studio Fix Foundation in NC30 and Studio Finish Concealer in NC30 and NW25. The SA back then was a bit clueless on what concealer shade would suit me. She tried NW25 and I find it a tad light for my undereyes. It makes it look more obvious. She tested NC30 on my left eye and at first, I liked the results. But when I turned around to face natural light, it looks grayish on me, thus, highlighting my undereyes, too. I didn’t buy the concealer then. Instead, I just grabbed my Viva Glam VI and went home.

I went again to Marionnaud in Mall of Asia last Friday and this time, a different SA assisted me. When I asked about what shade of concealer will hide my dark undereyes, she grabbed a pot of NW 25 and NW30. We tested NW25 first and it was too light, layered or not. When she put NW30 on me, I was amazed because it really hides my dark circles in just a few layers. So I did not hesitate to grab one.

When I came home, I tried applying it using my Suesh eyeshadow brush (since my concealer brush I ordered online hasn’t arrived yet). I faced the mirror and swipe some on my dark circles and I was really astonished to see that my dark circles vanished instantly! It was as if I am doing copy-paste from Adobe Photoshop. The shade is so right that I cannot even distinguished where the line ends (I haven’t blended the edges yet).
.
Left: with concealer
Right: without concealer

The texture is creamy but not oily and the coverage is fantastic! Less is more with this concealer so you just need a dab and you are all set. I think this small pot will last a year on me. Even if I wear it for a whole day at work, it’s still intact. I even tried to put this concealer on top of Ellana’s Color Corrector in Innocence (the green one) to hide the red zits I had over the weekend. And I must say it really conceals well. But when I tried to set it with Ellana’s Sheer Velvet High Definition Powder in White Chocolate, the color turned warmer and it didn’t look good so I erased it again with a wet tissue and reapply the concealer then set it with my E.L.F. Mineral Foundation in Light. This technique is what I now use everyday.Closeup Left Eye with MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW30



Closeup Right Eye without concealer

I am so in-love with this concealer now but I can’t wait to lay my hands on MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer which has so many nice reviews from other beauty enthusiasts. More beauty finds soon!


Edit (September 15, 2011): I have finished the entire pot after 2 years. 



Verdict:

Color- effectively cancels out my dark under eye circles. Needs a yellow toned powder to balance the pinkish tone

Coverage - medium to full coverage

Consistency - creamy and thick so it creases on my undereyes if applied without an eye cream.

3 comments:

  1. MAC Studio Finish is my HG Concealer too. I am using NC30. Maybr next time I should try this. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My HG undereye concealer is select cover up naman in NW25 and the pink undertone works well with the dark circles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correct sisters! I am really looking forward to lay my hands on MAC Studio Sculpt concealer! Meanwhile, I am really happy with Studio finish

    ReplyDelete