Wednesday, August 12, 2009

SkinFood Agave Cactus Toner, Serum and Cream

I got my SkinFood Agave Cactus sampler set last Monday from their Glorietta 3 branch. I was so excited to try this line because I read much good stuff about cactus and its anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties. So here it goes.:

SkinFood Agave Cactus Toner

After I washed my face with my regular facial wash, I applied SF Agave Cactus Toner generously on my face because I was afraid that the toner might dry up in its sachet if I will not consume all of its contents. The toner is indeed hydrating but I find it a bit sticky for a liquid product. The consistency is that of water but the feel is that of water with a little oil. I wouldn’t recommend using it in the daytime, especially if you have combination to oily skin because it tends to make your skin oily in the mid day. It is okay if you’ll use it at night for that dewy skin the next morning. SF Agave Line is designed for sensitive and dry skin that’s why it didn’t work well with my combination skin, at least for the toner.

SkinFood Agave Cactus Serum

I was confused when I opened the serum and the cream. The serum looks like a cream and the cream looks like the serum. Anyways, the serum is also a bit sticky for me. I am a fan of serums because it makes my skin dewy without the heavy feel like what I usually encounter with creams. But this one, I am not that satisfied. Perhaps it will really work better for dry skin.

SkinFood Agave Cactus Cream

Of all the three items in the sample set, this is the one that I like most. And I was surprised that aside from Laneige Water Bank Cream2_EX, this is another cream that pleased me. It is very light and not sticky at all. I recommend using it at night to have a dewy skin in the morning. I tried using this during daytime but then, I became oily in the afternoon. Too much hydrating power I guess. Really perfect for dry skin.

I also tried the SF Agave Cactus BB Cream in Shade 2. I just swatched it in my hands so I do not have a review yet. I will try it on my whole face next time I visit SF and post my review soon. Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment